Thread: The Crooked Man [Wolf RPG game]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Crooked Man [Wolf RPG game] 
    http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/crookedman.htm

David Hoover decides to move into a new apartment during a rough time in his life.
    After some odd occurrences, he decides to ask about the room's former owner, but learns little.
    So he sets off in search of him, strangely compelled to know more about this man...

tumblr_mjif4yxTFb1rcnaizo1_500.jpg

Have fun.

Heh, cool. I saw that ol' Pewds decided to play this the other day in my news feed. I'll check it out soon.

I want to play this game too! I don't think there's ever actually been a truly scary RPGmaker style game. Ib is unnerving, Witch's House looks jumpy, but with a sort of happy atmosphere, Misao from what I can see is more of a fun-based trial/error puzzle oriented game. I guess I'll wait it out, see if you decide to pick it up John.

I played it on one day, its a long game (for me it was long) and it was... Cool.

I had fun with it. I liked the main Character.

But most of the "puzzles" are just.. do this so the character can see this book in this special place which has a password for a safe that you can now try to enter code after you found it.. its alot like this.

But i still had fun.

it has like... 5 - 4 endings. 4 bad ones 1 good one. xD

in a ranking ... i would put it right next to "Mad father" and i loved Mad father. I hate the ending. But the everything else was awesome.

Well... The crooked man is.. a special game.. yeah

A special game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko View Post
    I played it on one day, its a long game (for me it was long) and it was... Cool.

I had fun with it. I liked the main Character.

But most of the "puzzles" are just.. do this so the character can see this book in this special place which has a password for a safe that you can now try to enter code after you found it.. its alot like this.

But i still had fun.

it has like... 5 - 4 endings. 4 bad ones 1 good one. xD

in a ranking ... i would put it right next to "Mad father" and i loved Mad father. I hate the ending. But the everything else was awesome.

Well... The crooked man is.. a special game.. yeah

A special game.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it overall.

But can I just say that I really can't stand this trend of giving these games multiple endings, especially if most of them are bad? (4 out of 5, seriously?) What's the point? If I go through a game and manage to get to the end, I want to see a good ending. The worst part of it is that these endings are sometimes determined by seemingly INSIGNIFICANT details. Oh no, you should have talked to this NPC more! Hey wait, you didn't ask this one character this one question in this massive dialogue tree. Oops, you should have gone to check this one room after acquiring this one item and you would see this one scene that would lead into this one conversation that would unlock the true ending.

Rant over.

Well i understand you.

and i have to tell you... this game made something... different ...

You dont have to talk to a special something to get the true ending. There are no collectables for a better ending.

Sometimes you have to choose what the character says and ... if you choose the wrong thing to say you ... get a Bad ending. a few seconds after you choose what to say.

I hope you understand what i mean ...

But if you manage it to reach the finale, you get the Ending of the game. There is no "True Ending", if you make it to the End, you see the one and only Finale Ending.

+
    You can save everywhere. anytime. (well of course not if a Monster is attacking you)

Is there any other link to play or download this game?

dude I WANNA PLAY[SIZE=6]HOW DO I PLAY[/B][/SIZE]
    Last edited by momyoz; 03-26-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Seiko can i have your permission to make a bicking story to write on creepy pasta forum (not saying the name coz i cant remember it)

You dont need my permission for anything xD Hm weird somehow i cant find a working download link anymore..